K-Love and Air-One Radio asked me recently if I would share my story to their 18 million person audience.
I didn’t jump at the opportunity. Why? Fear set in. In seeking God about the opportunity, I realized one of my greatest fears is success and all the responsibility that comes with it. After prayer, the Holy Spirit directed me to take a step, move forward and say yes. So I did. On another note, the Spirit has been working through our staff team. These promptings led us to step out in faith and remove the $7 shipping donation. This will make our care packages accessible to anyone who is interested and/or in need.
As I drove to the studio I didn’t know what to expect. Upon arrival, I found out I was going to record a 18 minute interview of my story, share the Phil’s Friends vision, and be able to challenge listeners to get involved with our mission. As I sat in the studio chair, I prayed God would direct every word that came out of my mouth.
This interview is set to play multiple times during the year to their national audience. The first airing is set for this Sunday evening (March 3) at 9pm CST. Click hereto find a K-Love station near you. You can also listen online at klove.comor by downloading the app.
As you might expect, this elevates the growing need at Phil’s Friends as well as our opportunity for outreach. I’m emailing today asking you to help in three ways:
- God uses the interview to shine a light on His power and what He does when someone surrenders their life to Him.
- the Holy Spirit prepares hearts of listeners in advance, and that they would feel inspired and empowered to take the next step in their personal walk with Him.
- listeners take up the challenge get involved inside the ministry of Phil’s Friends or elsewhere in the body of Christ.
- God fully equips Phil’s Friends internally with staff, volunteers, and resources so that lives are changed locally and around the world.
- Share the interview with anyone affected by cancer as well as people you feel would have a heart for the mission.
- Give a monthly or one-time gift of any amount at philsfriends.org.
- Eliminating the shipping donation for care packages, along with the expected increased volume due to the interview, will require greater amounts of funding.
- It takes an average of $900 a month in recurring donations to support a new hospital partnership. We have 10+ hospital opportunities ready for us once we secure funding.
Thanks for hearing my plea to God for help! I’m thankful for you!
In His service,